Tuesday, February 11, 2014

wishing I had...

Hello, my name is Becky and I'm an American living in Bahrain.


I failed yesterday's expat blog challenge- a photo post of "A Day in the Life..". I took a bunch of pictures for it, but life happened and I couldn't get it together in time. I know I don't have much time to make it up today, so I am just skipping on.


Today's challenge is to reflect on what we wish we had done differently when we first started our blogs. My biggest regret is not starting sooner. I think blogging could have been such a good outlet for me for so many things I was going through. It is kind of like an online diary and I wish I had documented all of my thoughts and feelings.


Two years before I started my blog, we went through this huge process to have Edward. He is our in-vitro miracle baby- answer to years of prayers. And now he is four and I can't remember as clearly the absolute desperation I felt as I was giving myself hormone injections in the stomach that this had to work. I wish I had documented it- because I think it is probably the lowest and highest point of my life. And it is probably the biggest miracle I ever experienced and I wish I could go back and read my thoughts at the time.


But we never know which of our moments will be miracles and which are just ordinary life. I am grateful to have a blog to record my everyday life- so I can look back and see the miracles in it. And I hope I can keep this blogging  momentum going so I can have it to look back on some day.

2 comments:

  1. A good reminder to keep writing about everyday life, not just the "exciting" stuff so that we can look back and see all the things that make up our lives. Nice observation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why i've made it a goal to get my blog up to date so i can start recording all the seemingly little things again like i did when i first started my blog when it was just keyton and me.

    ReplyDelete