Saturday, February 22, 2014

Making a list...

Hello, my name is Becky and I'm an American living in Bahrain.


Today's expat blog challenge is "something I still haven't seen in my expat country."


We've done pretty good. I broke out my 100 Things to Do in Bahrain guide and we've done a good amount. Still to do are the Beit Al Qur'an (a huge collection of Qur'anic manuscripts), the Rashid Al Oraifi Museum (a local artists inspired by the Dilmun civilization) , Shaikh Ibrahim bin Mohammed Al Khalifa House, the Bani Jamra Village (where they weave traditional cloth- I have actually looked a few times but can't figure out where to go), the oil museum, and the Al Dar and Hawar islands.


I also want to get henna done- Evelyn has several times but not me. And I want to eat a traditional Bahraini breakfast and drink liqah water (palm tree water). I'd also like to ride a horse here, just once, to satisfy my inner 10-year-old. And I'd also love to see a dugong. They are like manatees, but with a snout that points down- but I think they are pretty rare. I'd also love to experience a traditional wedding, but I don't know how I could angle myself into attending one!

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting reading about the "to do" things in Bahrain from you and Kelli. Seems like there's quite a lot on your island!

    ReplyDelete