Wednesday, February 5, 2014

at the airport

The expat blog challenge prompt for today is: "When I was at the airport..."


I think 90% of expats have better airport stories than me. Some of my most vivid airport moments:


Sleeping in the Schiphol airport's baby room- dark and heavenly although we had to curl up funny on the bench.


Going through the most stringent extra security in Schiphol. The then toddler's diaper leaked during the flight and a change of clothes unavailable. Was going to buy him a t-shirt to wear during the layover, but once we entered the gate, we went through extra security and couldn't leave. Just wearing a diaper, he got selected for an extra pat down at the gate. You go ahead there security workers. You are welcome to whatever you find in there!


Frantically trying to make a flight in Frankfurt- where you have to exit one part of the airport and go to another miles away. Going through security all over again + a tight connection = thank goodness we made it with both of our kids and our carry ons.


The TSA agent, who after a grueling international flight, gave every single kid in the very, very long line WHISTLES! It was deafening. I didn't even try to stop my kids from blowing theirs because the genie was out of the bottle.

3 comments:

  1. Whistles? TSA gave the children whistles? What on earth made them think that might be a good idea? I swear, TSA hates people lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That whistle thing sounds like a nightmare!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol. I love the line "your welcome to whatever you find in there" it really cracked me up. I concur giving kids whistles at an airport is pretty weird. Lol.

    ReplyDelete