Tuesday, February 18, 2014

blogs I admire

Hello, my name is Becky and I'm an American living in Bahrain.


Today's expat blog challenge is to name a blog you admire.


My first pick is Modern Mrs. Darcy. Named for Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice character, Elizabeth Bennett, this blog covers books, relationships / family, looking and feeling your best and more. I love the posts on cult favorites, life lessons from Anne of Green Gables and her Stich Fix scores. I feel like if I ever met Anne, the woman behind the blog, we would be good friends.


I like a lot of the blogs I've read through the blog challenge. And the blog of my family and friends that show up in my dashboard feed. But that is about it. Most of the other blogs I used to read were coupon deals. A few blogs I used to frequent have become full on websites now and they include:


The Art of Simple : written by a former expat, homeschooling, simplifier. Good articles that make me think, nice weekend link roundup.


Money Saving Mom : Mostly couponing deals, but I like the stories of frugal encouragement ala Dave Ramsey- paying off houses, etc. I also like her recipes.


I also like a few aspirational blogs, that I started looking at pre-Pintrest, like No Fuss Fabulous, I Heart Organizing, and One Hundred Dollars a Month.  Because I like beautiful stationary and fantasizing about throwing my kids magazine worthy birthday parties that have event planners, looking at beautifully organized closets and storage solutions and dreaming about being a NW urban gardener and dabbling in free-ganism. Because none of those contradict each other at all.


I need to find an affordable fashion blog- I used to read my niece's, but lost track of it. I love on-line window shopping at Boden and Anthropologie, but I am on a Target budget!



No comments:

Post a Comment