Saturday, February 22, 2014

personality traits?

Hello, My name is Becky and I am an American living in Bahrain.


Trying to catch up again on the expat blog challenge! The prompt was the trait I possess that most equipped me for life abroad or the trait I possess that held me back the most or both.


I think the trait that equipped me most for life abroad is my sense of adventure. I love doing new things, going new places and trying new foods. I love researching out things to do and then going to do them. We have had so many great experiences. Sometimes there is even good in the bad, like a disastrous fish and chips meal (fish with no seasoning- not even salt, served with soggy salt-less fries) we tried to eat at a fly-infested, sewage stinky beach. Worst meal here, but we will always remember it! Sure, McDs and the mall is easier with two kids in tow, but how would we ever know of our four year old's love of butter chicken or our ten year olds fear of camels since they once tried to munch her blonde hair?


The trait I possess that has held me back the most has been my shyness. I wish I was more outgoing and bubbly. I have two great friends that haven't ever met a stranger and could talk with anyone about anything at anytime and be perfectly at ease. In groups of three or more, I get pretty quiet. But I am getting a lot better at making small talk and getting to meet those around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment