Saturday, February 22, 2014

Tastes like home

Hello, My name is Becky and I am an American living in Bahrain.


The expat blog challenge prompt is "tastes like home" and my answer is the following:


Kraft Medium Cheddar Cheese


Kraft Macaroni and Cheese


Pepperidge Farm Goldfish


Campbell's Tomato Soup (with grilled cheese made with Kraft Cheddar to dip:)


Homemade chocolate chip cookies (I use the Toll House recipe but the chips here are Hershey's)


These little treats taste like home and are worth the occasional splurge. I really tried to buy the English and Australian cheddars, but they just weren't the same. I make homemade mac once in a while and it is super rich and super good. But my kids love the easy cheesy goodness of a Kraft dinner. That bright orange cheese powder is hard to beat. And Goldfish- my kids love them some Goldfish. This last summer we went to the factory and bought a ton of these for super cheap. But here I spend $5 on the occasional small bag Thing One and Thing Two blow through in two days. Tomato soup and grilled cheese is an ultimate comfort food meal for me- not at all healthy but so soul satisfying. And homemade chocolate chip cookies are one of the most romantic gestures I can make to my husband. He LOVES them. Is there anything a big plate of fresh cookies can't fix? Not much!

1 comment:

  1. You know I agree with you on the 'cheesy pasta' :) Haha! And we're the same with Goldfish- the girls gobble them up so quickly it's like we never had them. Tomato soup and grilled cheese is one of my absolute favorite meals- but it really has to be Kraft slice (processed-to-death) cheese for that to feel like home :)

    ReplyDelete