Saturday, June 18, 2011

Western Union

We now own a TV in Bahrain thanks to Western Union! It is waaaaay nicer than our TV here, which was a hand-me-down from some friends. My kids have broken the remote and we have super fuzzy reception. It is a LG 32 inch LCG that we bought from some nice New Zealanders that were leaving the school we were going to. It was $108 Bahraini dinar, or $280 US. Electronics are expensive there- so this seemed great for a newer secondhand TV. It turns out international wire transfers are around $45 vs Western Union's $11.99, so we went Western Union. I've never gotten one before- it is an experience kind of like riding the Greyhound. I felt like I should ask for a pack of smokes too, while I was at it!:) They will store our TV in our villa and it will be waiting for us when we get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment