Thursday, May 19, 2011

Scratch that!

We were planning on flying through Jordan on our way over to Bahrain and staying a few days, seeing Petra, Jerash, Wadi Rum and the Dead Sea. But we were going to be there in August- which is hot and during Ramadan. It still sounds incredible, and I would love to see Jordan sometime. But the more we thought about it, the more we thought we better head somewhere maybe a little cooler where we could eat and drink during the day without being disrespectful.

Our choices were Holland, Germany, Iceland, and London. How to choose?! We could also go through Turkey, but they are also predominately Muslim (Ramadan), so decided against it. Since I have always wanted to go to Holland to see where my family is from, we are going there.

At first I was kind of hesitant, because I am stressed over this move- I've hyped up going to Holland for years and I didn't just want to go and throw a once-in-a-lifetime trip together- what if I left something out and always regretted we hadn't seen it. I wanted to have time to plan the perfect trip. Roger thinks I am totally silly. We have the opportunity- we have to fly through somewhere anyway- it is just like bonus travel. So here we go!

Roger is trying to find us cheap but nice accommodations away from the Red Light district. I am trying to figure out what I want to see in the 3-4 days we will be there. On my list so far, the Van Gogh museum, the Rijks Museum, Anne Frank House and the Zaanse Schans village- which is a historical village with cheese making, wooden shoe carving, and windmills galore. But we'll see. We will be jet lagged with two crabby kids. The perfect way to start a dream trip!

1 comment:

  1. I totally get what you are saying Becky! It's hard to cram everything you've dreamed of into a stressful short in between trip, however I'm sure it will be awesome! I'm really excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete