Saturday, July 2, 2011

Goodbyes

It is so hard to say goodbye to everyone here in Quincy. We have loved living here because we have felt so loved. So many warm and welcoming people. They are like family. Every time I see someone now I wonder if it is the last time. I will really miss everyone here. I wish I could let them each know how much they have meant to me in a letter, "You were like a mom to me when my own mom wasn't here," "Thank you for teaching me about selfless service through your great example," "I admire how hard you work," "You are a friend without guile," Thanks for the encouragement," "You were a great neighbor- thanks for the Christmas cookies," but I don't know how to express it all and there would be just too many people to give cards to and I'm sure I would miss someone. I have a hard time saying goodbye and I am so awkward at it (I feel like I'm 16!). I can see why Roger said he would sometimes rather sneak out of town- so no one can see our tears!

I know we were meant to come to Quincy. It has given our family a lot of great opportunities and wonderful examples and that we have really grown because of it. Our 10 years here have shaped us into who we are now. I hope living around all the great people here has rubbed off a little!

I will miss you Quincy. Thank you and lots and lots of love.

1 comment:

  1. Your kindness and friendship has definitely rubbed off on us! At least for me! You were one of the first people that I could remember your name when we moved here and I thought you were amazing. You guys sure will be missed, and you're right. Who knows if we'll ever really get to see you again. Hopefully if you come home for a short visit next Summer, but then again, we might be gone then too. At least we have a nice kid-free, Olive Garden dinner ahead of us!

    ReplyDelete