Thursday, July 14, 2011

Whew!

I've decided that moving, even at its best, is terrible. It always comes down to frantic last minute throwing stuff in boxes or the garbage not matter how carefully you plan and prepare. How did we get so much stuff? Why did I keep all this? I felt like we had sold, given away and thrown away a ton. And we have! But we still filled that truck to the brim. You like your stuff a lot less after you have to carry it all piece by piece out of the house.

Roger said, "Just think, we'll have to move this all back in a year or two." I just glared and said, "It better be longer than that for all this trouble!"

Thanks to all our friends and family for your help- watching kids, lending your muscle, feeding us. We really, really appreciate it! Couldn't have done it without you and wishing you your own good moving karma should you ever need it!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could have been there to help, but I'm glad Allen was! Hope all goes well, and you'll definitely have to keep us updated once you leave the country! We've moved 6 times in the nearly 7 years we've been married. And every time I think "How do we have so much stuff! I swear I had 3 yard sales here!" :)

    ReplyDelete