Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Barnes and Noble?

There is this really nice girl named Lydia that took me out shopping- pointing out where to go and what to do. We passed a bookstore that I had been wanting to find. "Barnes and Noble!" I said. "Oh no, no," said Lydia. "Barnes Noble- no and. Its a bookstore, but it isn't Barnes and Noble." Too funny!
Copyrights and trademarks don't seem to mean much here, I observed, after seeing a lunchbox with Winnie the Pooh and Barbie and Dora hanging out together.

2 comments:

  1. If at first you don't succeed, give up immediately :-) I thinK I have typed my little heart out to "follow"up on your blogs, but each time I push post, I get "zilch" :-(
    So i probably have become a member of a dozen 'services"in the process. Oh wEll. Perhaps this one will do it.
    Let the world know, that WE ( the whole Alton and Failing clan follow your blog breathlessly. Sorry about the miniature lobsters in your kitchen.
    Just in case your e-mail won't go through again, for tomorrow:
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY BECKIE !!!!!!!!!; AND MANY MORE IN GOOD HEALTH AND WEALTH.
    now I'll try again.Grampa and Gramma, and the gang.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, well, at least there's a bookstore there, whether it's a fake brand or not! I remember my brother in law getting a shirt once in the mail from Abercrombie and Fiotch. I laughed for a week about that one.

    ReplyDelete