Friday, February 15, 2013

Doves

We had a pair of dove fledglings in our backyard. Momma had forced them out of the nest and they were having the hardest time learning how to fly. They would just perch on Edward's pirate ship, the trampoline, etc. (leaving a little something behind- lovely!) Edward loves birds and said "I'm going to catch them!" And he very nearly did because the stupid things wouldn't fly away- he is quicker running than they were hopping. Finally one got brave (or eaten by the neighbor's cat) and disappeared overnight. The other couldn't get the hang of it and was still in our backyard the next morning. I thought if I went close, it would get scared and finally fly away. Well, I got close and it was scared, but it would just hop to the next trampoline spring. I took a photo and decided to let nature take its course. I kept Edward away though, because what would I do if he actually did catch it? It was gone the next day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment