Sunday, February 19, 2012

International Day!



International Day was fantastic. It was so cool seeing all the kids in their native dress. All the Americans were in red, white and blue- blue jeans and sports jerseys or flag t-shirts- some in Western gear. But some of the other coutries- so elaborate and beautiful! Maybe next year I'll make Evelyn a pioneer or Statue of Liberty costume? And the food! There were over 30 countries with food tables- each with several dishes each. It was wonderful. I didn't get to sample it all, but all I sampled was delicious. I'd love to edit / compile an international day cookbook using all the parent's recipes! There were games and crafts. I am bummed I missed the cricket demo- so curious about that game. I caught good photos of Evelyn with a few friends (they had already changed out of their dresses) and Edward and a new, just made friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment