Monday, January 30, 2012

Washing the car

Edward was helping me wash the car yesterday and doing a pretty nice job wiping the running board when he stopped, looked at the filthy, soapy rag with black greasy car dirt, and put it in his mouth to suck on! I was so grossed out. "Plugh, plugh, yucky!" I showed him, imitating spitting. He just laughed and put the rag back in his mouth. I snatched it away and put him on hose duty instead. We chased it with a bottle of milk (no poison control to consult, but I figured that was a safe move?). I told an unconcerned Roger, who said it would build immunity.

Maybe next time I will wait till he is napping to wash the car. I could spring for the $2 BD car wash at Lulu's I guess. There are guys in pretty much every parking lot who will wash your car for you while you shop for about $5.40 US. What a tough way to earn a living!

Being here makes me so grateful I was born a U.S. citizen, had so many great opportunities in life, that my husband has a job that can support us, while we are all living together in the same place, and that we have all of our needs and a lot of our wants supplied. We are so, so lucky!

1 comment: