Sunday, August 25, 2013

Paris

 
Paris was wonderful and I am so thankful we had a chance to go. It isn't really a super-great city for kids- more of a romantic couples vacation spot- but we still enjoyed it. The biggest hurtle was finding family friendly dining with no fast food or casual dining and very little street food. Just fancy bistros everywhere- as one should expect!
The Eiffel Tower was closed the first day we were there due to a strike, but we were able to walk around. We also caught a boat tour on the Seine that was really neat. Some of the bridges are just amazing.
We went to the Louvre, which was incredible! I held Evelyn up so she could see the Mona Lisa in person. There was so much to see there that we just picked a few highlights, but we did make it through several galleries.
The Notre Dame Cathedral was amazing as well. It was free! The Rose Window was gorgeous and the architecture was incredible. We were able to go inside and walk around. I am so proud of my kiddos for being so quiet and respectful as it is a functioning church.
We did make it back to the Eiffel Tower on our last night. It was cold and late, especially for our kids with the time difference. Edward had fallen asleep in the stroller, snug and cozy, but we had to take him out as we boarded the elevator taking us straight up to the top of the tower. He was disoriented, cold and tired and that is when I felt a warm, wet feeling all over my front! Six months of no accidents- poor kid! My romantic visions of kissing Roger at the top didn't come to pass. I saw the view, I held and consoled a wet Edward as we got right in line for the ride back down. That "homeless man" smell so common in alleys, elevators and the subway station was now coming from me! I will never, ever forget it though!
Paris was beautiful. I was amazed that in just a few days we were able to see the highlights. The one thing we missed that was on my maybe list was the catacombs, but I don't know how that would have gone over with the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment